Knitting This Week

6:00 AM



It's Wednesday again and and that means it is time for the weekly yarn along.  I'm joining Ginny and everyone to share yarn and books! I"m in the swing of Christmas knitting.  I'm a little late to the game, but I have got the Christmas knitting bug late! 

Lisa from Happy in Dole Valley just released Pacifica.   I got to do a test knit.  It was my first one!  I used this gorgeous hand dyed yellow fingering from our Yarn Along hostess, Ginny.  As it was my first test knit, I wanted it to turn out perfectly so I used lifelines for when my counts came our wrong. The pattern is super easy and it is also easy to remember.  Plus it's got a tally mark box!  That is so me (it's like she made that just for me!).  I would definitely make this again for Christmas presents.  I debated gifting it, but fell in love with it so I'm keeping it.

This purple and green cowl is called Handbrake.  It's going to be a teacher gift.  The yarn is Abuelita and I got it at Goodwill for $2.00!  It's been in my stash for a year.  But when I was surfing Ravelry in search of a quick, easy cowl for teacher gift this came up as a yarn suggestion!  Perfect.  I love de-stashing.  

I am reading a knitting mystery, A Killer Stitch.  They are local to Colorado.   The author is Maggie  Sefton.  She uses Fort Collins as the base of the story though she calls it Fort Connor.  Quite frankly I have almost put the book down several times.  The characters are shallow and reading their dialogue drives me crazy.  I'm not sure I"ll pick up another one.  This one is book 4 in the series. 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I read, or tried to read, a Maggie Sefton book several years ago and gave up for exactly the reasons you state! Life is too short. I've read The Friday Night Knitting Club about three times though, I just find it so comforting and easy when I'm down or unwell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you read the seaside knitters books? They are written by Sally Goldenbaum. They are much better books that the "Fort Connor" books.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that yellow-golden shawl is just so pretty and suits you very well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful knitting and don't you look cute modeling!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen! Love the colorway you used and am so happy you enjoyed knitting Pacifica! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking lovely in that scarf!! Great job!

    I hope you have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...