The website I found that had a lot of translations also had a needle chart. From what I understood, the needle size converted to a US 11. That was too big (and it is possible that I didn't convert right) so I went down to a size 9 which worked much better. I probably could have gone down to a size 8 and it would have been just fine. They are a little slouchy on my wrists which I actually really like.
The right mitt I seamed up and tried on as soon as I finished knitting it. I should have sewn the little eye beads on first. It was much easier on the left mitt. That is why the beads look a little funky on the right mitt. I plan on using this pattern again. I think the mitts are very cute and would make a great gift at the holidays.