Yarn. A Year In Review

7:42 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it is time for the weekly Yarn Along.  I"m joining with Ginny and everyone to share yarn and books.  I had to wrap my nephews Ravenclaw scarf with the needles still on it but I was pretty close to finishing.  He handed it back to me and I knit all Christmas Day.  I finished that night while watching the Broncos lose to the Chiefs.  He loves it and was very excited by it.  My niece LOVES her Hufflepuff bag.  She wore it everywhere.  Even in the house.

I did a bit of a year in review on Ravelry.  And quite frankly it left me a bit anxious.  I have quite a few unfinished projects that will be my main focus in 2017.  I have cancelled my subscription to YarnBox for the time being so I can focus on current projects.  In a way I"m going to be doing some stash busting this year.  In order to save some money as well, I"m going to try to use only yarn on hand.

These are the projects I finished in 2017:

  • 8 Colorado hats & 2 Colorado headbands
  • 8 Starbucks cups sleeves
  • 4 hats for the Seaman's Church
  • 1 Ravenclaw scarf
  • 1 Hufflepuff bag
  • Pacifica- a shawl
  • Fahrenheit 113- a scarf
  • Handbrake- a cowl
  • Pretty Palette- a cowl
And that doesn't count the five projects currently in hibernation!

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I'd love to see the Hufflepuff bag. My daughter is a big Harry Potter fan. Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted about it before Christmas if you look for that post.

      Delete
  2. How fun is this! My niece is a Ravenclaw! I might have to start this for Christmas next year - maybe if I start now I can finish it in time :-X Great job on all those projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with the number of FOs! I've always got something going but am lucky to finish a couple things a year. Maybe this will be my year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would say you had a productive year!! Happy New year!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...