Random Thoughts on Thursday

6:00 AM

*  I have a mouse problem in my chicken coop.  Little %&$@$'s are eating the chicken food.  I've seen the ladies chase them, catch them by the tails and fling them in the air.  But that was months ago.  I'm not sure if the ladies are just used to the mice now, but they don't seem to be bothered by them.  I am, however, bothered by them.  I'm not scared of them.  But rather annoyed the mice are eating the food.  We (and by that I mean Bryan) put out small little live traps.  I don't want to use glue traps and I'm afraid the ladies would set off traditional traps.  I've read posts about rigging a bucket of water and drowning them.  I would be a little disturbed to find dead, floating mice in a bucket.  I'm also disturbed by the thought of the poor mice stuck in a live trap, starving to death until we (again I mean Bryan) either let them go somewhere else or just toss the whole trap in the trash.  Now, I'm a big believer in Karma and I haven't quite come to terms with the idea of killing the mice.  I mean, I kind of invited the buggers with the chicken feed...

*  We (and by this I mean me) only ended up with 18 New England Pumpkin Pie pumpkins!  Still way too many for this no pumpkin eating person!  C carried one into the house and said "I brought you a pumpkin mama, so you can make me a pie."  I may.  Or I may just have her carry it over to Oma's house!


*  We've had an explosion of chicken feathers in our chicken run.  The ladies are molting.  We haven't had an egg in over a week.   Poor Gracie is naked from the top of her head to the middle of her back.

*  My 52 Project photo album that I have been putting together since the beginning of January is missing.  I'm pretty sure that I put it together in Shutterfly but I can't seem to find it.  And I know I hit the save button.  Ack.  So I'm starting over.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm waiting for the annual return of the mice to my second floor. They like to go there for warmth. That must be a hoot to see the chickens chasing them around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the mice sense the danger and find another food source! I hope you find your saved file, this week i've been challenged by technology....grumble grumble.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...