Yarn Along

6:00 AM

It's time once again to share yarn and book.  This week was fairly productive...I finished the Aviatrix. Twice.  Well, actually I was almost finished with the hat part when I decided it was too big and ripped it out.  It was looking a tad large, so I put it on C's head, where it fit making it much to big for a newborn.  I started over going down one size and I think it will be perfect for this fall.

I bought this yarn at a crafting thrift store in Portland, OR.  My plan is to make a sweater for C since it's got pink in the yarn.

The three skeins of yarn equal to 6oz.  Using the conversion I found on google, I figure I have approximately 300 yards of yarn.  I'm thinking it might have to be a vest or I'll have to find some yarn that will kind of highlight or go with this yarn.  I'm not sure what brand it is as it had no wrapper.  I'm open to all suggestions on how to proceed.

On the book front, I finished The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd.  I highly recommend the book.  Fabulous.  Read it.  


You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. That is going to make a cute sweater! I hope you have enough for whatever project you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've seen some cute little girl shrugs that might work?!? Everyone seems to be recommending that book....gotta get it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen how about this pattern...
    http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/ice-cream-sundae-3
    I thought of it as soon as I saw your yarn it just took me a little time to find it.
    I think no matter what you do it will be pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful yarn.
    Thank you so much for your comment on my blog.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color way on the yarn...this will surely be fun to knit with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That yarn is so so pretty, I would have been drawn to it too! It would look fantastic as a little vest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great colors! I think a vest would look great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for welcoming me to the Yarn Along! I can't wait to find out how that yarn knits up. Is it a self-striping? It looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pretty yarn. Sometimes you find great yarn in the thrift stores.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...