An Obsession- Part 1

9:50 AM

Lately I have been obsessing a bit over three things... cleanliness, my veggies garden, and school for Corrine.  Today I'm going to rant on my new cleanliness obsession.  (I'll save my other obsessions for another day).

OK...where to start?  Before Corrine I was always an obsessive vacuumer.  We have two shedding black dogs, and two cats.  If I skip a day the dust bunnies rival the cats in size.  But now with Corrine crawling, she puts all the fur balls she finds in her mouth.  Ick.  So I vacuum every morning.  A group of our friends got together and bought us a Dyson Animal Ball Vacuum for a baby present.  BEST.  BABY. PRESENT. EVER!  I had wanted on, but wasn't willing to pay $500 for a vacuum.  Even if I was to use it every day.  However, now that I have one, I would gladly pay that.  There is nothing more zen than clean floors.

Other than vacuuming, my housecleaning was rather haphazard.  I didn't clean anything regularly.  If I thought it was looking dirty I cleaned it.  Except the kitchen, that it cleaned daily as I used it.  But  now I am looking at cleanliness and dirtiness from a whole new perspective.  I am home more and can clean on a regular basis.

I'm not a germaphobe, I just want things to be fresh!  So I sat down and made a chart to give myself a rough idea of what needed to be done.  Things like vacuum and mop, clean the bathroom, dust, clean the walls, etc.  I don't want it to be a rigid cleaning schedule, just a guideline of what needs to be done daily and what can be done once or twice a week.  I can't go crazy over it...not with dogs who track in dirt and baby who makes a mess.  I'm not sure how long this will last, but even ranting about it now makes me feel better.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...