Yarn Along

7:00 AM

This week I am joining Ginny at Small Things for the weekly Yarn Along.  Books and knitting.  Two of my favorite things, but don't get a chance to do much of either with a one year old.  

I am still working on the Radiating Star Blanket this week, but I am more than halfway finished.  I may start another easy project that will fit in my suitcase since I'll be working this week. It's hard to pack blankets once they get bigger.  

I started Catching Fire which is the second book in the Hunger Games trilogy.  I really just started so don't know much about this one.  The other two books that we have read this week are The Tiny Tawny Kitten and The Animals of Farmer Jones.  They are Little Golden Books that were mine when I was a baby.  You can't see it in the picture, but The Tiny, Tawny Kitten was $.39.  Can you buy anything for $.39 anymore?  My mom had all of my golden books in a box in her basement.  She was an elementary school librarian before she retired her basement is mostly bookshelves!  

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I hope you like "Catching Fire". I thought the whole series was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How delightful that your mom saved all your old books! I have a handful of my favorites, but not nearly all of them (and, of course, a few are out of print now and are obscenely priced to purchase used!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Half way through? That is fast! I bet next week we will be seeing a finished project :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also wanted to read the Hunger Games trilogy,though I haven't started. For once in the past couple of years I have no knitting projects going...and it feels nice. Usually winter is filled with knitting but this year has been so unseasonably warm I've skipped right to my Spring & Summer hobby--reading!
    PS-Thanks for stopping by my blog on {This Moment} Friday. Hope to see you again soon!
    Sarah M

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...