The Weekend

5:57 PM

There wasn't really a weekend for me this week since I worked Saturday and Sunday.  There were snipets of family time though.

On Friday-
*a friend was in town and we got together with other friends who we don't see nearly often enough.

On Saturday (before I left for work)-
*we took Corrine down to the neighborhood shops for trick or treating.  (She doesn't eat candy, it's for us!)  She is Abby Cadabby the fairy from Sesame Street.

She wasn't sure what we were doing putting wings on her back and poofs in her hair.

On Sunday-
*dropped Corrine off at The G's on my way to work.  I'm having some mommy time in a hotel in Portland Oregon.
This is the view from my room.  As you can see, it's a typical Pacific Northwest kind of day.  I'm kind of grateful because now I don't feel guilty for hanging out in my hotel room playing on the computer, listening to Pandora, knitting and getting ready to watch The Sound of Music.  My kind of relaxing Sunday afternoon.  (Although later, I will turn on the TV to watch some football before bed).

Have a good week!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. That sounds like a wonderful end to a hectic weekend! I've heard wonderful things about Portland, it is supposed to be very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He costume is adorable and I vaguely remember the fairy name, it's been years since i've watched sesame street. Have fun with your getaway!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mommy time in a hotel? sign me up!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...