The Weekend

3:30 PM

In holiday months I tend to cram my work schedule together so I can have a nice chunk of time off during the holiday.  So this was another busy weekend with little sleep.  Friday morning's wake up call was equivalent to 2AM Denver time.  Bed time was 11:30PM followed by a 4AM alarm.  I'm too old for that little sleep!

Friday night we dropped Corrine off at The G's and we went to see the new Bond flick.  (I liked it).  On the way out of the theatre my brother called from Japan to Face Time, so I chatted with him for a while which was why it was so late when I went to bed.

Our alarm was set to go off at 4AM because we wanted to be in line for a CD.  The radio station we listen to puts out a CD every year in time for the holidays.  Various artists play live on the radio during the year and the CD is from those live radio performances.  All the proceeds from the sale of the CD go to benefit the Food Bank of the Rockies and the Boulder County Aides Project.  This was volume 24.  my brother has all of them.  I have most of them.  We can't miss it.  I'd rather stand in line from 5-8AM (when it goes on sale) and know I'll get one rather than chance it selling out.

After the CD purchase I ran home, changed out of my long underwear and headed Fabric Bliss for the December food swap.  Fabric Bliss is my new favorite store.  They've got yarn and fabric and all the supplies I could need.  Plus they do classes and have tech support!  I did exercise my will power and did not purchase any yarn.  I'm really trying to finish my current projects before I cast on a sweater for myself.

The outside of the house got decorated.  You can tell the extent of my reach with the ladder.  The tree is up inside.  It's got lights, but nothing else.  We ran out of time.  There's a lot of furniture rearranging that must be done.

Hope you have a great weekend!




You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I am now finding the older I get the 'less' sleep I need, wonder what that means? I'm old ;)
    I love the concept of the cd's, what a great cause and I bet some great music too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep? What is this thing that you speak of? Whew, it certainly sounds like you are running yourself ragged, make sure you make some time for a power nap or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow what a busy weekend! I'm glad you go the CD! Good job with the restraint in not buying yarn. I'm doing the same thing! I really want to knit myself a sweater but I'm waiting until January to think about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun filled weekend! And you have a music cd!! I am wide awake at 5 a.m. so it would be fun to be in line for that :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. there is just never enough time to get it all done, is there? glad you were able to be so productive on so little sleep!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...