Yarn Along

5:30 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it's time for the weekly Yarn Along.  I'm joining with Ginny and others to share what projects we are working on and what books we are reading.  First off, I ran out of yarn for The Summit, so it's sitting quietly until I can go the LYS to buy some more yarn.  This past Saturday, due to a mechanical delay, saw a lot of sitting and waiting.  A lot of knitting got done before we flew home from Newport News, VA.  And even more was finished on the flight home.  I just have to consult YouTube to figure the Kitchener Stitch and then I can add the trim and a button and Corrine's Benedick & Beatrice vest is finished.  

I finished Ice Trap.  I thought it an okay book.  It really held my attention until I figured out the "whodoneit."  Not to say it didn't hold my attention til the end, it did.  I just thought it was such an abrupt ending that I couldn't believe it was over.  I'm still reading Ice Storm, but I've also got a library book to finish.  (The book has made the rounds in my family and now it's my turn before it's due.  Again.).  It's Margaret Coel's Buffalo Bill's Dead Now.  Her books take place on the Wind River Reservation in Wyoming.  The books are very similar to the mystery books that Tony Hillerman wrote about the Navajo Reservation.  I didn't like her stand alone books, but very much enjoy the Wind River books.  The main characters are Father John O'Malley the Jesuit priest on the reservation and Vicky Holden, an Arapahoe Indian who is an attorney in nearby Lander.   If you like a good mystery, I would suggest these.  You don't really need to read them in order, but if you're OCD in that way (like me), you will.
Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!  

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. The vest turned out beautifully - well done! I always end up returning to Silver's Sock Class for kitchener, I can never quite remember how to get it started.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vest looks wonderful as do the books. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, you get to go to an lys and maybe impulse buy while you pick up the needed yarn to finish your project. The vest is adorable and your daughter is going to look pretty in it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty little vest and I know it is going to look so sweet on your wee one.
    I can never remember the kitchener stitch and have to look it up each time, it drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the colors of the yarn in your vest. Very pretty! I saw a few movies based on the Hillerman books and they were pretty good. I will check out the author you mentioned too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The vest is very pretty, it's a great colorway you chose. Great idea checking you tube for directions, what ever did we do before the internet? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vest you made! :) Corrine will love it too, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That vest is lovely, great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have one book that has the kitchener stitch instructions that I have to look at each and every time I have to do that technique. You'd think that I would know it by now! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading books in order makes them more enjoyable for me, especially since authors frequently add little references from past books. The vest is gorgeous! Go you using that time to be creative and productive!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...