My Mama's Day Weekend

3:11 PM

 My sweet baby girl made her hand bouquet in school last week.  It almost made me cry.

My mothers day weekend was spent camping in Cortez, Colorado (in the four corners area).  Bryan was in a 12 hour mountain bike relay race (I know, crazy!).  I have no pictures from camping or bike racing.  What I have is pictures of our drive home...

 We left Durango heading north and this is what we ran into.  We turned around because the snow plows hadn't been out yet and there was six inches of wet heavy snow and it was pretty slick.  We then went east out of Durango and had a pretty dry drive until we were about 2 1/2 hours from home.
This is why we don't plant any warm weather plants until after Mothers Day!  We got about six inches of wet, heavy snow.  It is melting rather quickly and should all be gone by Tuesday.   But it will be next week at least before I plant any tomatoes or peppers.




Happy Monday and have a great week!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I love her handmade flower bouquet :) Wow! look at that snow!!! We only plant after memorial day around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. And WOW I seriously want that snow!! I saw your snow pic on Instagram Sunday. Another friend of mine was posting snow pics from Sunday as well (she lives in Wyoming). Did you build any snowmen or have any snowball fights?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful gift your daughter made for you :)
    Oh wow, you got snow on Mother's Day weekend? That is crazy! I want summer, not snow (don't tell Keith please ;).
    A 12 hour race? That is impressive! And probably fun, but I'd rather just watch, not participate ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...