Knitting This Week

5:00 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it is time for the weekly yarn along.  I'm joining with Ginny and everyone to share yarn and books.  I have worked a little bit on a lot of projects.  This project is a crochet project.  It is a scrap yarn basketweave baby blanket for a cousin who is due in October. The pattern is really simple.  Three strands of yarn (any size) and a size P crochet hook.   Change colors when you run out of yarn.  It uses  A LOT of yarn.  I'm hoping to use all of my baby yarn scraps.  

I have worked on my Hitofude and my KAL Stitch Block Cowl (that I"m the only one still knitting in our group).  I have also worked on another washcloth for a baby that is also coming in October.   And while on a layover last week I worked on a square for a scrap yarn blanket.  I always have yarn in my tote bag just in case.  
I just finished Patterns in the Sand by Sally Goldenbaum.  I really liked it.  It's a knitting mystery series that takes place by Gloucester, Massachusetts.  This book is actually the second in the series.  I've broken my cardinal rule to read series books in order.  What I really like about this book is that up until the end I had no idea whodunit.  To me that makes it a good book.  I had an idea whodunit, but I was wrong!  If anyone wants to read it, let me know, I'll send it to you.  It was a thrift store book but it's in good shape.  I've just started reading Point Blank, so no opinion yet. 
Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. This is such a lovely and interesting pattern you have shared. I hope you're having a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of doing a square blanket and may have to cast on one too, it would be perfect for traveling since you don't have to take along a huge blanket.
    I will have to read Patterns in the Sand, I love a book where I can't guess the villain. I read In a dark, dark Wood and guessed the villain right away, it was a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors in your scrap blanket. Combining three yarns makes for a very interesting effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that blanket will be so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like my kind of mystery....somehow, when I think I've figured out the murderer early on, i keep waiting for the big twist to prove me wrong, and then am SOOO disappointed if it doesn't happen. :) great take-along-projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. like you I have lots of spare projects in my bag for just in case knitting. Love the square you whipped up!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...