Yarn Along

6:30 AM

It's time once again for the weekly Yarn Along.  Books and knitting are two of my favorite things!  With summer in full swing, I don't really have time for either.  I worked on both the log cabin blanket and my random 5x5x5 blanket (That is 5K, 5P for 5 rows of color).  Didn't get much done so I didn't post a picture.  I just want to say that I am working on both of them.  I think the weekly Yarn Along keeps me plugging away!

I finished the James Patterson book I was reading last week.  A friend gave me the second and third books of the Fifty Shades trilogy.  I"m reading book two, Fifty Shade Darker.   The writing isn't any better in this book than it was in the first book.  But sadly, I'm hooked in and I want/need to know how it finishes.

I also read parts of Colorado's Fourteeners.  We are hiking one this week and I wanted to find one that is easy enough for us to take the dogs and Corrine on.  More on that in a later post.

Happy Yarn Along Wednesay!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I do hope you post about your hiking trip, I would love to hike there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel as if I need to read 50 Shades of Gray because of all the hype. I've skimmed in on Google books. As you say, the writing is pretty paltry, but the premise pulls you in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sadly, I felt the same way about the Fifty Shades books. I enjoyed the second book the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to get much knitting done in the summer, isn't it? Glad you have some books to keep you entertained!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blankets do tend to work up pretty slowly, but at the end you will have a fantastic new blanket to snuggle with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard a few people say they have been lost in time reading Fifty Shades. I haven't as yet, but I may given in! I hope you are enjoying the busyness summer brings. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  7. we have the california fourteeners book! how fun to live so close to a hike up one! (we are 5 hours from the sierras, but love going out).

    my grandson was recently diagnosed with t1d and we are overwhelmed.
    so glad to know your so fit and living a full life.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...