Yarn Along

6:30 AM

It's time once again for the weekly yarn along.  Books and knitting.  Two of my favorite things.  I actually got some of each done this week!  I've been working on the Miranda hat with some pink fuzzy yarn from my stash.  I should be much farther along than I am.  It's hard to follow pattern and watch the Olympics.  I've had to back up three separate times.  At least I caught the mistakes before I was too far into each of the rows where I made the mistakes.

I finished the book Twelve by Twelve.  It's basically about living off the grid in North Carolina in a 12x12 "house" because that size is considered a shed and not taxable.  The author stayed in a 12x12 for 40 days.  I expected the book to more of a journal of his stay.  The book was too philosophical for my taste.

I just started The True Story of Hansel and Gretel.  The story takes place in Poland during World War Two.    Two Jewish children are dropped off in the woods by their parents.  It is their best chance to survive the Nazis.  They are taken in by a "witch" who lives in the woods outside of a village in Eastern Poland.  I love books about World War Two and I'm enjoying this one so far.

Corrine checked out the Very Hairy Bear today at the library.  We've been on a bear kick lately.  It's a cute read.

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I also like WWII books but not if it gets too sad. Love the pink yarn-it's in one of my projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books sound very interesting. I'll have to check and see if our library carries them. My "to read" list just keeps growing... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...the Hansel and Gretel book sounds promising.

    Don't feel bad. As you read on my blog, even I (witch my mind-numbing knitting) am still finding it difficult to knit and watch the Olympics at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry you are having to tink back on your hat, but I am glad I am not the only one who has done the same thing. The Olympics have been great havent't they? Tomorrow is the big soccer game and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Twelve By Twelve book seems really interesting in theory, but I would have been disappointed by it not being more of a journal as well. Please let me know if you find any similar books that you consider a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh another Miranda, great colour! I also had to back up a few times! Love the sound of the WWII book, I love those too, historical fiction is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty yarn! That sounds like a good book. I like books from that era too. One I read a while back and can recommend is called The Secret Holocaust Dairies by Nonna Bannister. Jacinta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, it's a shame your book was too philosophical - it sounded really promising until then. The Hansel and Gretel adaptation sounds great - I'd love to hear how you get on with it.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...