Knitting This Week

7:12 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it is time for the weekly Yarn Along.  I am joining with Ginny and everyone to share yarn and books.  I didn't really get a lot accomplished this week on my knitting.  I have seven inches to go on the first of three patterns on the stitch block cowl.  But at least I am in a groove now.  I am using a lifeline since I started over or ripped back at least seven times before getting a go on the cowl.  I move my lifeline at every pattern repeat.  No more ripping back.  I am the farthest behind in our KAL because I finally bought more purple yarn to finish the Woven Scarf.



Six strands of 96" of knitting is not easy.  In fact it's rather boring which is why I've been working on this project since August 2014.  I had every intention of getting it finished to give to the recipient by December.   I guess she'll be wearing it next winter!  I had a hard time following the directions in the magazine...1 over 2, 3 over 4, 5 over 6 I got but it was the rest of it that I couldn't wrap my brain around.  So I made it work.  At least if it is wrong, it is consistently wrong.

I finished reading The Cirque by Martin Van Pelt.  I used to work with Martin before he had to retire. (Pilots have to retire at age 65).  The majority of this book takes in the 1980's in the Colorado Rockies.  It is a suspense book revolving around drug smuggling in the mountains.  It is also heavy on airplanes and aviation but I think the plot works well.  It certainly kept me entertained for the duration.  It did start a little slow, but picked up speed once the characters were introduced.  It's available on Amazon if you'd like to read it.

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!



You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Wow! Your scarf is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks beautiful! It sounds a bit confusing but I guess once you get the rhythm going it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely color yarn! Confusing pattern are the worst--and I have been working on my own little project with a somewhat confusing pattern too. I am sure the scarf will be well worn and loved next winter!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your scarf is lovely. I like this different technique. Looks great on you:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it might be boring but the finished result is quite striking and intricate! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...