The Weekend

8:00 AM

This weekend was all about my crazy hubby!  He turned 50 in February and decided to ride in the Leadville Silver Rush 50.  50 miles on a mountain bike!  And that 50  miles is at an altitude of between 10,000 - 12,000 feet!  He finished in 8 hours and 10 minutes!  He also rode in the pouring rain for the last 10 miles or so.  But he finished and I'm so proud of him. 
At mile 25!
On Sunday we decided to have a nice, leisurely day around Leadville.  We drove to Turquoise Lake (which I have pictures of but can't download yet, long story) and up to Hagerman Pass.  On the way we drove through this snow field.  Corrine was so very excited to see snow.  

At 11,925 feet
We stayed at a friends cabin outside of Leadville.  As soon as we arrived I filled the hummingbird feeders.  At times there was a feeding frenzy with as many as 8 or 9 birds at this feeder.  I filled the feeders twice in the mornings and twice in the evenings.  We were all fascinated by the birds and spent time on the deck watching them zip around.  

I would say it was nice to be away from the heat in Denver.  And it was, the temps were in the 60's & 70's where we were.  But Saturday night there was a major thunderstorm in Denver and the temperatures dropped into the 60's!  My mom (who lives really close to us) said we got three inches of rain!!  But it was nice to have a weekend away.  

Have a great week! 





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, what an accomplishment! Congrats to your hubby for completing the race. I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a tremendous accomplishment! Now that gives me some motivation :)

    And I love having birds at the feeder!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...