This Week in the Garden {July 12}

6:00 AM

So many things are coming up now, things that I planted weeks (even months) ago.  I have replanted my carrots three times and they are finally starting to sprout.  And the funny thing is, while we eat carrots, we buy them.  These planted carrots are for the dogs.  

I planted giant Jack O Lantern pumpkins, New England pumpkin pie pumpkins and a butternut squash.  They are planted in various spots around the back yard so they can spread and grow.  The problem, at least right now, is that I'm not sure what is what.  I didn't label the plants.  

This little plant was planted TWO MONTHS AGO!  And it just sprouted!  I think it is the butternut squash because it is planted in the smallest of the three places.  

I think this one is the Jack O Lantern pumpkin.  And I think that because it is in a larger out of the way space.  It was also planted two months ago, but it sprouted about three weeks ago.  
So by default this one would be the New England pumpkin pie pumpkin.  And look at how much bigger this one is.  
It will be interesting to see what each of these plants really is.  And I hope that given their very late start  they have time to actually grow.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. New England pumpkin pie pumpkin - I'm intrigued!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun to see the different sizes - looks like a pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin plants look great! We have some that are getting huge like that. We didn't label ours either, so I guess we will have to wait and see what they produce.

    PS - Love your new header photo! So cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new header!!!! (And your garden looks great too)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...