Goals for 2014

9:37 AM

I don't normally make a New Years resolution and I'd say the same for 2014,  but I did make some goals that I'd like to work toward.

My first goal is to be a better diabetic.  I was a great diabetic while I was pregnant because I had a high risk pregnancy.  But once my sweet baby girl was born, I kind of fell off that wagon.   I have been a slacker in the blood sugar checking department for quite some time now.  While I was pregnant I checked my blood sugar 10-12 times a day.  Now I'm lucky if I check 4 times a day.  My last A1C was a 9.  An A1C is a 3 month blood sugar check the doctor does.  Sugar adheres to red blood cells and stays there for about 3 months.  They can tell an average blood sugar by how much sugar is on the cells.  A A1C of 9 roughly equates to a blood sugar of 250.  And my doctor wants my blood sugar to be 90-120.  Oops.  Must.  Do.  Better.

My second goal for 2014 is to start exercising more.  Once again it all goes back to when I was pregnant.  I used to run daily.  And then after I worked out, I'd take the dogs for 2-3 mile walk.  But throw a baby in the picture and all of that went out the window.  I am going to sign up for the Georgetown to Idaho  Springs Half Marathon again.  That race is in August so it should give me plenty of time to get back into running shape.  I just feel that I need to be more active especially with a 3 year old.

So both goals are totally attainable.  Both goals are great for my health.  And I'd like your help to keep me on track.  I am doing this for myself and for my family, but I feel that if I have a third party to report to, I might make more of an effort, ya know what I mean?

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I will be your cheerleader!! I think you should get a pretty notebook and write daily what you did. Even if you did one small thing you will see progress day to day and feel good about it. Maybe a weekly planner? Anyways, good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with your goals! I want to exercise more as well this year for overall health. I just feel better when I'm more active and flexible!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...