Yarn Along

5:30 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it is time for the weekly yarn along.  I'm joining with Ginny and everyone to share yarn and books.  It's been some time since I've joined the yarn along.  Mostly because I've been laboring away on the Dr. Who scarf.  But the end is in sight!  (Good, because I'm over it!).


I also have started a small vest for C to wear this fall.  She keeps asking me if I'm done with the scarf because she wants her vest finished.  I keep wondering if I'll finish the scarf too! I can't wait to measure it to see how long it really turns out to be!

On the book front I am reading The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey.  I just started it so I haven't formed an opinion yet.  I am also listening to Dream Lake by Lisa Kleypas.  I am getting more audio books from the library to help pass the daily drive to the airport when I am working.
Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Scarves are really a commitment near the end, but it's going to look great Jen.

    I love audio books. I listen to books when I run, ride my bike, weed the garden and hang clothes on the line. I don't allow myself to listen while indoors so it makes me stay outside longer. Now that it's summer staying outside is a real commitment too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Who scarves take a looong time! My son received a crocheted one from his grandma, and when he opened the package (it came in the mail), I was shocked by how long it was! :) I enjoyed The Snow Child and read the ending twice 'cause I didn't get it the first time. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read what you thought of The Snow Child. I have had it in view for quite a while but not sure if I will enjoy it at all. I look forward to seeing your scarf in all it's glory :)
    x
    Natalie
    Marigolds' Loft

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you love Snow Child. I know I did... Keep up the good work on the Dr Who scarf. I can't wait to see it finished!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy horse! I love Lisa Kleypas' books! That whole series (Friday Harbor) is really good.

    I love how your Dr. Who scarf is coming along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't used an audio book yet but I thought it might be useful whilst baking/cooking. Maybe I'll get one on loan from the library before committing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved that book immensely, it's good. Your daughter must be a fun girl to knit for!! The vest will be so cute when done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read the Snow Child last winter and I really, really loved it, although it was slow at times. I even read some of it aloud to my 3 and 4 year old. Now I'm reading it again for book group:) I'll look forward to hearing what you think. Beautiful knitting also - very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved The Snow Child when I read it (last winter too!)! Maybe I saw it recommended by Brienne on the Yarn Along! It is so lovely and I will probably read it again.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...