Random Thoughts on Thursday

8:50 AM

Some of the thoughts running through my mind today...

* I go back to work on August 19th.  My shoulder still hurts a bit.  Maybe I am being impatient and it will take a lot longer to completely heal.  But I am ready to go back to work.  As much as I have loved being home everyday, I am not a good stay at home mom.   I am lucky in that my full time job is not really full time at all in the sense that I work 8-5 M-F.  I don't.  I can work nights, weekends, early mornings.  Really whatever works with our schedules.    There have been a lot of changes at work and that makes me a little nervous.  I'm sure I'll get the flow of things quickly enough to feel comfortable.  

* Funny.  Now that I am going back to work, I am finding all kinds things that needs to be done around the house.  Cleaning, decluttering, reorganizing.  Things I totally could have done while being home for three months.  OK, the first six weeks I could barely lift anything, but you know what I  mean!

* Buffett is healing quite nicely from his ACL surgery.  He must be walked on a short leash to pee in the backyard.  He is still confined to the house although he thinks he can do all kinds of things he shouldn't do, like run and jump.  It is frustrating for all of us to see him think he can jump on the bed when he really can't.  

* C has really been into Angelina Ballerina lately.  And high heals.  Oma bought her some Cinderella shoes that are now her "dancing shoes".  Which is hilarious because she can hardly walk in them let alone dance!  I wish I had video! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I am glad you are healing and will be able to return to work. You remind me so much of my sister about staying home/working. I really admire working mom's, it's hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have had a long recovery. I hope everything goes well with your return to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the pain continues to subside. I think healing does take time. Glad you are happy to go back to work and that your schedule works for you and your family. My daughter was into angelina ballerina, we had the stuffie and lots of twirling around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your shoulder feels better soon. I'm glad to hear about Buffet healing nicely! My little Ruby is finally healing as well :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...