Definitely Pumpkins

8:25 AM

About six weeks ago I posted about some plants coming up that I wasn't sure what they were going to be.  Fast forward to today.  I know now they are pumpkins.  But what kind?
I'm fairly certain they are New England Pumpkin Pie Pumpkins.  They aren't very big and if they were Jack O Lantern Pumpkins then they should be much larger.  I think this particular plant might be more than one seed.  I had planted some seed and it never came up so I replanted it.  Then I had the sprinkler system fixed and now it is getting regular watering.  I hope it is more than one seed.  Can you imagine if it was only one seed planted and the plant got to be this huge?  It's taking over that section of the backyard.  It's like that kids book The Great Green Turkey Creek Monster.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow this really makes me excited for autumn...just the mere mention of pumpkins :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How crazy! I bet it could be only one seed. Pumpkin vines spread out so far!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...