Random Thoughts on Thursday

6:34 AM

* A month ago I noticed a charge on my bank statement that wasn't mine.  I called the company to see what was purchased because the charge was a couple of days after surgery.  I couldn't have bought something, I was pretty drugged up, but I didn't remember doing so.  The credit union closed my debit card.  I had no money for a week because I couldn't drive and my credit union is in Boulder and we aren't.  I had to dust off my checkbook.  That is when I realized how much we rely on our debit cards!  

Fast forward a month.  Yesterday I went to the ATM to take out some money.  I remember taking out the money and my receipt, but I don't remember taking out my card.  And it most definitely gone.  Crap!  Now I have to do that process all over again.  Wait for my new card, then wait another week for my pin.  Ugh.  At least I can drive now and I did take out cash yesterday.  

* The girls took a nap on me yesterday.  It's a vicious cycle.... Nap during the day because I didn't sleep the night before, but then I can't go to sleep that night either, because I took a nap during the day.  The girlies don't care.  They had a body to sleep on that was covered in a fleece blanket.  Doesn't get any better than that at least in a cat world. 
* Friday is national donut day.  Our local donut shop is giving away free donuts (with a hole) to anyone who comes into the shop.  Sweet.  

Have a great day!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I rely on my card so much that I honestly can't remember the last time I used cash for anything LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about all the banking frustrations! That has to be annoying. I definitely rely on plastic and don't remember the last time I wrote a check!

    So cute with the cat naps :) If I take a nap on the couch my cats love to lay with me. It's so cozy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get really angry just thinking about debt cards. Let's just say my former bank was staffed by people who I honestly don't think were literate and somehow they got my address wrong in one of their many systems. My debt card showed up, but no matter how much I called, the pin number never would. Needless to say, after a month of that I marched into one of the locations and closed my account. I can sympathize with you, but I've heard credit unions have much better customer service. You have such cute kitties, definitely happy kitties too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Argh what a pain with the cards, that is so frustrating!! I hope you manage to get some sleep in the right place/time soon, but a nap with the cats sounds pretty good too! And donut day?! that explains teh croissont donut making world news, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a to do about the card. I hope you get it straightened out fast and maybe pick a closer bank? for another account? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...