Yarn Along

6:00 AM

It's Wednesday again and that means it's time for the weekly yarn along.  It's been over a month since I last participated.  I had shoulder surgery and while I started PT (pain and torture or physical therapy depending on the day) right away, it was very painful to move my arm.  I just started knitting again a couple of weeks ago with some basic garter stitch.  I am making another scrap blanket this time making squares.  It's hard to tell here, but this is a super bright watermelon color.  I thought I would have enough to  make the whole square, but am quickly running out of yarn.  Oh well, I'll piece it together with other colors to make it look like I did it on purpose.  
Earlier this week I picked up the Citron again.  I am on row 14 of the last section.  However, I have that whole ball of yarn left, so I am going to knit additional sections.  I just don't know what I'd do with that leftover yarn and the thin lace yarn is not my favorite.  Plus I think I'll like the Citron a bit bigger.
 The book front has been crazy.  I reserved a couple of books at the library thinking that I would have plenty of time to read during recovery.  Ha.  Ha.  That is the funniest thing I've thought of recently.  Last week I was reading And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini.  He wrote The Kite Runner and A Thousand Splendid Suns.  Well, I didn't get to it in time and the library wouldn't let me renew it because it was a new book.   I only got 58 pages into the book.  Ugh.  So I'm now back on the wait list.
Right now I am reading Sum It Up.  It's the autobiography by Pat Summitt the women's basketball coach for the University of Tennessee.  She was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease during the 2011-2012 basketball season.  I'm reading this book on my iPad.  It's the first book I've read on my iPad and the jury is still out on that (I just like my books).  The one thing I really like about it, is that I can read at night in bed while hubby is sleeping.  I borrowed this book as well from the Denver Library and it is due tomorrow so I need to read half the book before it disappears from my iPad.  I am really enjoying this book, but just am having a hard time finding the time to read.

What are you working on this week?  Happy Yarn Along Wednesday.


You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I am so glad you are feeling well enoug to knit Jen and I hope PT will be over soon.
    I feel the same about ereaders as you, but reading at night in bed is so nice with one.
    I really need to finish a few projects so I can cast on Citron, I really want to knit one myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you can knit again, phew! Your citron is lovely beyond lovely-makes me want to knit another one but I'll resist for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a really shame about Pat Summitt. Everyone in Connecticut knows who she is since the Lady Vols are our arch rivals during the NCAA women's basketball tournament. (Go Huskies!)

    That is not an easy disease to deal with for either the patient or the caregivers. Ask me how I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those library time allocations are never quite enough, are they?
    Your Citron looks lovely, I'm tempted by that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that pink sitting on the green looks like a juicy watermelon!
    love that citron. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your pieces look great so far! I love the bright color of the first one. I'm glad you're feeling good enough to do some more stitching even if you do have to start slow. I hope you heal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Surgery?! Wow! Hope you are feeling better. Love the citron!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm so super happy to hear that your are recovered enough to knit, although I'm sorry to hear about all the pain. It looks like you have definitely been keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to hear you have been in pain, and not had a chance to read either! thanks for the book tips, I didn't realise there was a new one out by Khaled, will have to check it out! I am a total ebook convert, thought I never woudl be!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of gorgeousness to keep your mind off the pain.
    Enjoy your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Khaled Hosseini has written another book?! I loved the first two so will oder this one from the library. I just read Still Alice, a novel about a woman who is diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's disease. It was a good read, and an insight into this terrible condition.
    I love the colour of your citron!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you feel better soon! It is so hard to be laid up! I've been there! Life sure has some sorrows in it at times, doesn't it? looking forward to seeing the finished items you are working on!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...