Rhubarb Muffins

1:33 PM

Corrine's babysitter came over on TU and picked some rhubarb.  A good thing really, the plant needed to be thinned out and the bad stalks pulled out.  She took home a HUGE grocery bag full of rhubarb.  I felt the need to make these yummy rhubarb muffins.

Rhubarb Muffins

Mix together and set aside-
2 1/2 C flour
1/2 t salt
1 t baking soda
1 t baking powder

Mix together-
1 1/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C oil
2 t vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 rhubarb chunks
Then add 1 C buttermilk

Add dry mix.  Fill muffin cups with liners and fill the line 2/3 full.

Topping- mix together
1 package vanilla instant pudding
1/3 C flour
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 C pecan pieces
1/2 C packed brown sugar
Then add 6 T melted butter

Put 1T (or more) of topping mix in each cup.  Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.

I have two muffins tins that are silver and one muffin tin that is the dark non stick pan.  I bake the muffins in the non stick pan 15 minutes and check for doneness.  That pan cooks so much faster than the other two.

Dee-lish!  Happy Friday.  Enjoy.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yummy! I've never tried growing rhubarb but I've been seeing so many rhubarb recipes lately. I'll have to try it in my garden next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had rhubarb in that form before, yummy! I'm sure that they didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...