5 Random Things

9:03 PM

Almost a month ago, Colleen at Five Little Homesteaders tagged me to do the 5 Random Things about myself.  I completely spaced it out.  Then last week Sarah at Sezza Knits also tagged me for the same thing.  Ooops.  That was when I remembered.  I blame a lot of things on mama brain, this being one of them.

Here it is, the 5 random things...

1.  When I was in my 20's, I had a lot of issues.  Food issues.  Commitment issues.  Self-Esteem issues. I'm in a much better place now than I was then.

2.  I got my Masters Degree in Gerontology.  I used that degree for approximately six months.  I was a social worker in an Alzheimer's facility.  It was a temporary job to begin with (I was covering a maternity leave).  The day I was hired at the airline, she gave her notice and they offered me the job.  Ugh.  What to do?  I'm still paying for that degree, but I love my airline job.

3.  I learned to knit when I was 5 or 6 and in 4H.  I made a poncho in 70's gold.  It won a ribbon at the county fair.  (I'll have to see if I can find it in my "life in a box" at mom's house).

4.  I have always owned a Volkswagon.

5.  I am a huge believer in Karma.  What goes around, comes around.  And I try to live my life accordingly.

Well, that was harder than I thought it would be to come up with 5 random things.  But there you have it.  Five things that are a part of what makes me who I am!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I am still paying for my degree (MSW) but working in a job that has nothing to do with it (college admissions counseling) so we are in the same boat. I, like you, love my job though. So that's really what matters...right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in karma too! An education is valuable whether it is used or not, in my opinion :) I haven't used mine in years but I'm glad I did it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say if you love your job, stay there! It's too bad you're still paying for your degree, but it is more important to be happy I think. And I believe in karma as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful list! I did 4H too! Although they didn't teach me how to knit (boo!), but I was one of the livestock kids. I'm glad that you think more highly of yourself now, you are pretty darn awesome! I'm sure that working for the airlines is a bit less depressing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...