Yarn Along

6:00 AM

It's Wednesday and the weekly Yarn Along.  Time for a knitting and reading update.  That's right, it's all about the books and yarn!  I am work on several projects.  This project is the square for the April square swap.  It's the one I've started three times because I didn't like the way it was turning out.  The black blob on the bottom is my photography assistant, Brickman.  I'm almost done with this square, then I can block it to get the puckering out of the pattern and then off it goes.  And I'll be back to the citron and sylvi. 
I have been reading Bone Bed.  It's the new Kay Scarpetta book by Patricia Cornwell.  Dr. Scarpetta bothers me at times with her feelings that every one is against her and she can't trust anyone, even those close to her. But that didn't stop me from staying up late on Sunday night reading.  Just one more chapter.  I finally had to make myself turn off the light.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. fantastic knitted block and I'm glad I'm not the only one with a knitting assistant :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With your square swap, is the ultimate goal to assemble an afghan? In any case - I love the one you're knitting now. And your photography assistant - I have one of those too. His name is Dusty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. The plan is to assemble the squares and add a border. Then I'll donate it to Project Linis.

      Delete
  3. The square looks great so far. A square swap sounds fun! Sometimes it is so hard to put down a good book. You just have to force yourself to turn off the light and go to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like April's square and I really love the color!

    I use to be a big Cornwell fan, but haven't read her in awhile. I also use to read a lot of Grisham and Patterson too, but then all their books started to be so similar. Now that I think about it I could really use a good mystery to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo! I like the pattern of the April square.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love those books that keep me up late because I cannot stop reading. Do you tell yourself that you are going to stop at the end of the chapter and then you can't help but look at the next page which then sucks you in? I'm happy to hear that you have something enjoyable to read, you have such a busy life, you deserve some good reading time.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...