Prayers

9:22 AM

This past Sunday evening I was sitting on the mezzanine level at the airport (because it is quieter with less foot traffic).  I had my earbuds in listening to Jane Eyre on the Craft Lit podcast.  I was knitting on  my second square swap square when this young lady approached me and introduced herself.  My first thought as I saw her walk up to me was that she wanted to talk to me about what I was knitting.  She had been sitting across the aisle from where I was knitting.  We introduced ourselves (although now I can't remember her name). She told me that Jesus had told her to come talk to me.  Immediately I had my defenses up.  I thought she was going to preach her religion and practice her recruitment techniques.

But as she talked she put me quite at ease.  It was clear that was not her intention.  He told her I needed a prayer and she felt obliged to do so.  She asked if there was a reason that I needed a prayer and I told her of my upcoming surgery.  Surgery has been on my mind a lot lately.  Mostly because my shoulder hurts daily and I'm ready for some relief of the pain.  But I am very nervous of this whole process and I don't know why.  I have had numerous injuries that have required surgery and all has been ok.

She asked if she could do her prayer right there and then.  I said of course and she said her prayer.  After we both said Amen, we talked a moment.  Then she said, have a good flight and I said the same to her.

Here it is almost a week later and this simple gesture by a complete stranger is still on my mind now as much as it was the moment it happened.  Goodness in people in still out there!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. That is so sweet! I bet that took a lot of courage on her part to come up to you and pray for you. What a lovely gesture :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love stories like these, and now I'll be praying for your shoulder surgery as well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I don't know that I'd have the courage to approach someone like that - what a special thing. :) Keep us posted on your surgery - I'll be sending you good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a beautiful story...I have always believe there are angels among us...perhaps she was one.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...