Yarn Along

5:30 AM

It's Wednesday and that means it's time for the weekly yarn along.  I'm joining wtih Ginny and everyone for an update of reading and yarn!  It's all about the books and knitting.  Last night I finished and blocked the first of the squares I'm making for my Square Swap group on Ravelry.  I volunteered to  make two squares for April so that if I need someone to make a square for me in May after shoulder surgery it will be good Karma.  
 My aunt gave Corrine this book.  She LOVES Pete the Cat.  We read it at least once a day, sometimes two or three times.
I started reading The Casual Vacancy.  I'm at the beginning of it and I'm not sure about it yet.  I know several people in the Yarn Along group have read it and did not like it.  The book has started out very slowly.  But I'm not sure if I am having a hard time with it because I absolutely loved the Harry Potter books.  This is nothing like HP.  Two of my good friends (we are all HP fans- so much so we waited in  line at the midnight release of the last four books) have started it but have not finished it.

Happy Yarn Along Wednesday!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. That is a beautiful square Jen. Shoulder surgery? I hope everything is okay.
    Pete the Cat looks like a sweet book.

    Do you still have snow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It's only 20 degrees today. The sun is out so that is helping. The snow should be gone by tomo, it will be back in the 40's. We desperately need the moisture, so we aren't complaining about the snow. I'm complaining about the cold!

      Delete
  2. I read until page 178 then quit, my daughter loved the book so I can't wait to see what you think. Shoulder surgery so soon? I hope that you heal quickly when you do get it. Love that square the bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my kids love that Pete the Cat book! I read it to them, but I hardly even need to, because they have it memorized and just carol along with me as I read it aloud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I'm sorry to hear that your shoulder is still being troublesome (come on shoulder, get better!), hopefully the surgery will really help. The first square! How exciting, this is the start of a wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The square looks good! Sorry about the shoulder surgery but I hope you recover quickly afterwards. I've heard lots of people say the same thing about The Casual Vacancy. I guess it's hard to get into if you're used to reading Harry Potter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty square you've made. Love that colour in the perfect design.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

GoodReads

Featured Post

My Path To Debt

My path to debt started when I was 20. It was my junior year at college and I had just bought textbooks for the spring semester. In each ...